Are you a resourceful Senior Database Administrator who wants to work on award-winning software solutions? If so, you might be the next person to join the #SingularTeam!
Singular is an established brand in the iGaming industry developing award-winning solutions that stand out with their flexibility, reliability, and innovation. These three key aspects shape our competitive factor in the market. As of 2021, Singular is part of the biggest iGaming brand worldwide, Flutter Entertainment. The backbone of our success lies in using novel technologies & agile processes by our team of 160+ highly-skilled people.
DBA is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of databases at customer location, as well as databases for internal use. DBA is involved in the planning, maintenance and development of the database based solutions, as well as troubleshooting any issues escalated by the support engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain Data Base systems in customer environment as outlined in Operational Level Agreement signed with customers;
- Participate in the development of DataBase structure, physical and logical layout;
- Deploy Database systems on Development and Production environments as required;
- Actively participate in support including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Directly respond to escalated support cases or services request within agreed time limits;
- Participate and support the release process for existing or new applications/solutions which require Database Modification;
- Help developers improve the performance of queries by tweaking it or modifying queries, store procedures or Database indexes;
- Create operational maintenance practices and instructions for client related environment;
- Maintain accurate environment documentation;
- Take part in the software development activities regarding Deployment and Operations requirements of future products;
- Take ownership of technical issues and works with software developers to resolve more advanced issues when necessary;
- Participate in parts/ segments of product life cycle;
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Monitor and maintain Database systems for company internal usage (Development, Test and Staging environments);
- Test and evaluate new Database technology;
- Help QA activities during capacity testing and performance evaluation of pre production stages of Software Lifecycle;
- Maintain accurate internal company environment documentation;
- Generate operation level practices and procedures;
- Generate Knowledge Base Articles addressing support cases or standard activities/product administration;
- Generate working instructions for Level1 support processes;
- Provide knowledge content for Database Administration content to support team;
- Related duties as assigned.
- At least 4+ years or more of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL database management
- Excellent skills in Writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating system
- Familiarity with Computer Systems Security
- Basic knowledge of Server and Network equipment,Cloud Provider technology
- Proficiency with common collaboration tools: Google Docs, Slack, Skype;
- Advanced level of English Language;
- Business experience is an added advantage.
- Analytical mindset with strong reasoning skills;
- Excellent comprehension skills;
- Sharp mind, fast thinker;
- Strong Organizational and time management skills;
- Strong Problem-solving skills;
- Competitive compensation & benefits package;
- Career and professional advancement;
- Training and learning opportunities – Online Learning Portals, Public Lectures, Conferences;
- Insurance package;
- International work experience;
- Travel opportunity;
- Outstanding working environment;
- Relocation Opportunity.
Why you should apply
We nurture a teamwork environment where ideas are communicated, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. We appreciate the talent and inspire constant self-improvement. We constantly search for progressive thinkers, creative doers, game-changers, visionaries, and groundbreakers who never settle for mediocrity.