As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We are looking for a Junior System Administrator to join our smart and nice team.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Monitoring the internal ticketing system and reactively responding to the L1 issues;
- Keeping a healthy communication with your colleagues
- Escalating the L2 and L3 issues to the appropriate engineers in accordance to the relevant SLA;
- Maintaining a mixed computing environment with Windows, Linux and Mac workstations & notebooks including hardware & software planning, ordering, installation, inventory and upgrades.
- Supporting Skopje Office LAN Network & Internet connectivity in accordance with company network design principles. Work closely with the lead network administrator.
- Maintaining Server Room equipment
- Learning from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- 0+ year(s) of experience as Hardware Support/System Administrator
- Interest in PC Hardware and troubleshooting of peripheral hardware issues.
- Managing Windows 10/11 – installation and support
- Basics of the different Linux flavors – Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/AWS Linux
- Basics of networking – DNS/DHCP/routing/switching
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft background – experience and/or technical certification with MS Products
- Experience with Server/NAS Hardware
- Experience with Databases – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Scripting knowledge
- Experience with Ubiquity WiFi networks
- Experience with Mikrotik RouterOS
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours with hybrid model of working – work from home or from the office
- Additional Private health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organized by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- Тhe annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
- Refreshments and fruits in the office
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.