We are Melon, part of Kin+Carta – a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 15+ years of outsourcing experience, 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
At Melon, we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as a client: being smart, being nice and making things happen. This is why besides your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team in Skopje.
– Analyze and organize raw data
– Build data systems and pipelines
– Evaluate business needs and objectives
– Interpret trends and patterns
– Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
– Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
– Build algorithms and prototypes
– Combine raw information from different sources
– Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
– Identify opportunities for data acquisition
– Develop analytical tools and programs
– Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
– 2+ years’ experience of Data platform implementation, including 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Data Factory/Kinesis/Kafka/Spark/Storm implementations.
– 2+ years of IT platform implementation experience.
– Experience with one or more relevant tools (Flink, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Azure Data Factory).
– Proficiency with at least one language such as Python, Scala, C++ or Java.
– Basic understanding of machine learning fundamentals.
– Experience working on a codebase with many contributors.
– Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
– Current hands-on implementation experience required.
What we expect:
– Teamwork experience and good communication skills
– Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed
– Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
What we offer:
– This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
– Private health insurance
– Flexible working hours and no overtime
– Training program for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
– Hybrid Work
– Co-subsidized Sports activities and public transportation
– Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
– Refreshments and fruits at our offices
– The annual team building that gathers together our offices
– Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year