This role is accountable for the automation of VXP Infrastructure and Software Development Pipelines. The Platform Automation Lead will engage with stakeholders to develop the technical vision and strategy for the automation roadmap. This role will provide technical support in execution of activities in the automation team and its delivery of automations to internal business groups.
The business unit hiring for this role is VIDEO.
VIDEO is a leading OTT and Digital products and services provider delivering best-of-breed software and components as well as comprehensive end-to-end solutions.
- Coordinate the design, installation, and maintenance of an Automation Platform for VXP
- Interact with Group Technology Team to ensure appropriate alignment with Group infrastructure and directives for Tools and approach to CICD.
- Partner with Security to ensure secure and robust Automation environment and secure code standard.
- Lead, manage and grow the Automation technical team and all vendor arrangements
- Oversee Automation project plans, manage deadlines and dependencies and coordinate Automation team activities.
- Proactively ensure sufficient hardware and computing resources are available to handle current and future automation load
- Support hyper-care for automations and ensure the operational support of the platform.
- Ensure appropriate infrastructure back up and availability processes are established including business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning (BCP/ DR)
- Establish and enforce development standards and monitor quality of automations built by technical team
- With the support of the Director of Infrastructure and Operations; Establish long term vision for automation supporting business capability needs and technologies.
make development and delivery simple and repeatable.
- Management of the quality and security controls on code
- Maintain platform and process for the management of code lifecycle for Apps and Infrastructure covering; repos, versioning, builds, artefact deployments in multiple environments, Integration with QA automation
- Leadership skills developed through previous experiences leading a multi-cultural team
- Good knowledge of Cloud offerings
- Experience with systems & services monitoring tools and in log analysis.
- Experience with DevOps best practices
- Knowledge in orchestration of Docker containers.
- Ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Being able to properly communicate in English (spoken and written).
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning tools, Terraform specifically
- Fluency in automating manual jobs using scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell preferred)
- A passion for new technology and the emerging media landscape
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (Akamai highly desirable)
- Familiarity with release management processes and tools
- Knowledge of best practice for cloud IT security
- Knowledge of NoSQL database (MongoDB preferred)
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge, the technical difficulties
We’re looking for someone who is:
- driven to push the boundaries and lead change and performance
- communicative to leave no-one in the dark and to work with your team successfully
- reliable so we know that we can call on you to meet deadlines
- passionate about the latest technologies and standards
- proactive to suggest improvements, identify and fix potential issues
- solid technically speaking, to advise both Clients and internal teams
Our people are key to our success and we pride ourselves on offering a dynamic, creative, innovative and supportive environment. Having the right combination of a ‘can-do’ approach, strong work ethic, integrity, friendliness and attention to detail is crucial.
Even if you don’t tick all the boxes for one particular role, but you have a keen interest in what we do, send us your details, we may find a suitable match during the interview process.
Deltatre consciously nurtures an environment where each and every team member feels safe to bring their whole selves to work, in which everyone is valued and respected for who they are and what they bring. Everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and every team member is expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect, value different perspectives, use inclusive language and work in alignment with Deltatre’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. At Deltatre, everyone is welcome and celebrated.
Some of our Company perks:
- Global company with huge growth potential
- 25 working days per year vacation entitlement
- 5 Sick Days – per calendar year
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
- Support with your career development and access to training
- Regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Free refreshments in the office
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.