The front-end team at Deltatre builds applications to run on millions of smart TVs and game consoles and provides the best user experience for watching video on-demand (movies and series) and live sport streams. As one of our WebTV developers, you will pioneer new ways for consumers to interact with technology and deliver world-class experiences on emerging technologies across a host of global clientele of the likes of World Wrestling Entertainment, National Football League, DAZN, Bell Media, Discovery Channel and Britbox.
The business unit hiring for this role is VIDEO.
VIDEO is a leading OTT and Digital products and services provider delivering best-of-breed software and components as well as comprehensive end-to-end solutions.
We are looking for an experienced top-notch developer to grow with our dev team. You will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes and gaming consoles
- As a Senior an opportunity to lead a team of developers across regions
A Software Engineer with a love for technology, and:
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript or TypeScript
- Experience with development and debugging on TV targets like Samsung Tizen, LG WebOS, Microsoft Xbox or Sony PlayStation
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding of video streaming, protection and playback is a great benefit
We’re looking for someone who is:
- driven to push the boundaries and lead change and performance
- communicative to leave no-one in the dark and to work with your team successfully
- reliable so we know that we can call on you to meet deadlines
- passionate about the latest technologies and standards
- proactive to suggest improvements, identify and fix potential issues
- solid technically speaking, to advise both Clients and internal teams
Our people are key to our success and we pride ourselves on offering a dynamic, creative, innovative and supportive environment. Having the right combination of a ‘can-do’ approach, strong work ethic, integrity, friendliness and attention to detail is crucial.
Even if you don’t tick all the boxes for one particular role, but you have a keen interest in what we do, send us your details, we may find a suitable match during the interview process.
Some of our Company perks
- Global company with huge growth potential
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
- 25 working days per year vacation entitlement
- 5 Sick Days – per calendar year
- Team events sponsored by the company
- Free refreshments in the office
Deltatre consciously nurtures an environment where each and every team member feels safe to bring their whole selves to work, in which everyone is valued and respected for who they are and what they bring. Everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and every team member is expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect, value different perspectives, use inclusive language and work in alignment with Deltatre’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. At Deltatre, everyone is welcome and celebrated.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.