Are you a resourceful Intermediate SOC Analyst who wants to work on award-winning software solutions? If so, you might be the next person to join the #SingularTeam!
Singular is an established brand in the iGaming industry developing award-winning solutions that stand out with their flexibility, reliability, and innovation. These three key aspects shape our competitive factor in the market. As of 2021, Singular is part of the biggest iGaming brand worldwide, Flutter Entertainment. The backbone of our success lies in using novel technologies & agile processes by our team of 160+ highly-skilled people.
- We are seeking a skilled and experienced Information Security Operations Specialist to join our Cyber Security Operations (SOC) team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security of our organization’s computer systems, networks, and data. The Information Security Operations Specialist will also collaborate with other teams to identify and mitigate potential security risks and develop strategies to improve our overall security posture.
As an Information Security Operations Specialist, you will become a pivotal member of the team supporting the organisation’s cyber defence strategy. The Cyber Security team provides an exciting and challenging environment, using best of breed tools and methodologies to protect and strengthen the company’s IT platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the 1st line of defense for security related topics.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, including data breaches and cyber-attacks.
- Provide advanced log analysis to support open incident investigations.
- Identify and recommend useful automation & tuning opportunities on current use cases, along with recommending implementation of new relevant detective use cases to better cover the threat landscape.
- Research and propose implementation of new preventive security controls to improve the overall security posture of the organization.
- Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures.
- Participate in assigned internal security assessments or audits.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and address potential security risks across the organization.
- Stay up to date with the latest security threats, trends, and technologies to ensure that the organization remains protected.
- An experienced IT professional capable of providing expertise on many of the aspects of cyber security.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Network Security, Information Security, or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in cyber security, with demonstrated experience in security analysis, incident response, threat intelligence and threat hunting
- Experience with security tools such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, endpoint protection, proxy, cloud security and vulnerability scanners.
- Strong knowledge of security best practices, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with security incident response, forensics, and threat hunting.
- Strong understanding of security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, access control, encryption, and anti-virus/malware solutions.
- Strong ethical values, integrity, and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal technical & business communication skills (English).
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent task management and planning skills for self.
- Great coaching and team-player skills.
- A keen interest in security and a strong desire to learn new technologies and a passion for information security.
- An excellent understanding of IT Security concepts.
- Strong understanding of:Operating systems (Windows, MAC OS, Linux) at a filesystem level.
- Fundamental internet protocols, services, and technologies (e.g.: HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH, LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Common security controls (e.g.: proxies, firewalls, WAF, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Incident response and incident handling processes.
- Endpoint and network-based investigations.
- Log reviews for identifying evidence of past intrusions.
- Operating system and application exploits.
- Malware and exploit kit functionalities.
- Lateral movement and persistence establishment mechanisms.
- Detection of anomalous system activities.
- Indicators use for the identification of scope and breadth of attacks.
- Industry certifications from vendors: GIAC, EC-Council, Cisco, ISC2, Juniper, CompTIA, ITIL, Microsoft, Unix, Oracle, etc.(e.g.: CEH, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA/GCFE, CISSP – or similar)
- Experience working with Cloud technologies including AWS & Azure – considered a plus.
- Competitive compensation & benefits package;
- Career and professional advancement;
- Training and learning opportunities – Online Learning Portals, Public Lectures, Conferences;
- Insurance package;
- International work experience;
- Travel opportunity;
- Outstanding working environment;
- Relocation Opportunity.
Why you should apply
We nurture a teamwork environment where ideas are communicated, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. We appreciate the talent and inspire constant self-improvement. We constantly search for progressive thinkers, creative doers, game-changers, visionaries, and groundbreakers who never settle for mediocrity.