We’re fully flexible. As of November 2021, if it suits your role at Deltatre, you can work full time from home/remotely, from the office, or a combination within the same country as your contracted office of employment.
The role requires a solution focused business analyst with outstanding technical and business analysis capabilities and experience. You must be someone who has a hands-on, positive, can-do attitude and show flexibility to tackle the tasks at hand.
Your focus must be on understanding the client needs and how Deltatre’s products and solutions can deliver business benefit, being able to articulate the solution clearly to the client and the project team alike. You will take ownership of the requirements and be able to articulate the required change to cross-functional teams, such as Developers, Designers and Test team members.
The role needs you to be customer facing, therefore a professional approach to your tasks and activities is a must. We are looking for talented individuals who can contribute to their assigned project and contribute to the growth of the Business Analyst team within Video Experiences.
We are a supportive and inclusive organisation with a wealth of experience in streaming sport and entertainment content. We are looking for someone who can utilise their core solutions and business analysis skills and experience and also develop new and existing skills. We will support you in your career progression.
What to expect
- You will work with some of the top names in Media, Broadcasting and Sport, with market leading products and solutions enabling you to become passionate about technology, digital video on demand and live streaming solutions.
- You will be an expert in your field, leading conversations with internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll work to deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, with multiple teams across the business and lots of variety in the role.
- You can make significant change and impact within your role, making a substantial contribution to the success of our company, your project, and your team, which can be very rewarding for the right person.
- The role is largely home/office-based but travel is expected as we are a global organisation, and we have world-wide clients – we take into account current global situation with Covid as the well-being of our employees is paramount.
- Facilitate the elicitation of requirements and customer business needs using a number of techniques such as online and face to face meetings and workshops.
- Undertake the formal analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, translating them into the appropriate project documentation (including user stories, acceptance criteria and other project artefacts) taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy, completeness, and usability of requirements.
- Outline the parameters of the project, and determine potential solutions based on Deltatre’s products and solutions, guiding the client in the optimal implementation to meet their needs.
- Work with Customer Product Owners and Project Managers, UX&D, QA, and Technical teams to validate captured requirements and the solution to meet them.
- Support team members throughout the product life cycle, including managing scope, pro-active raising of issues, dependencies, and risks to either the Senior Business Analyst and/or Project Manager
- Work in a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary Agile/Scrum framework.
Deltatre consciously nurtures an environment where each and every team member feels safe to bring their whole selves to work, in which everyone is valued and respected for who they are and what they bring. Everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and every team member is expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect, value different perspectives, use inclusive language and work in alignment with Deltatre’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. At Deltatre, everyone is welcome and celebrated.
- Effective Communication – keep communication clear and direct, communicating in a way to effectively integrate and enhance others’ point of view and creating an environment where people give and receive information. Be able to express yourself within a multi-national team, ask good solid questions, and actively listen to the answers. The ability to be a strong communicator in a virtual setting (via conference calls or web meetings) and at all levels, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Problem Solving – facilitate a shared understanding of the problem and business need within the scope of the project, guiding the client in how Deltatre’s products and solutions can meet those needs, and ensuring that the project teams understand what needs to be done to implement those requirements. Create a collaborative working environment and use creative thinking to propose both tactical and strategic solutions; acting with vision.
- Critical Thinking - While discovering the problem / business need to be solved, you must listen to stakeholder needs but also critically consider those needs and ask probing questions until the real need is surfaced, understood, and documented. Go beyond one’s own project paying attention to what’s best for the whole project, the customer and for the company, not considering your own work as isolated, but as a part of the value chain.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a solution focused business analyst, working within a technical environment on large scale projects working across a broad range of technologies in a software delivery and application implementation environment including back-end systems, front-end applications, and third-party integration
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle and Agile/Scrum methodology
- Effective communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels – you must be able to facilitate workshops, internal and external meetings, ask the right questions, and actively listen and take in new information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and confidently handle deadlines, priorities, and constraints, being proactive and showing due diligence whilst always acting in a professional manner.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in your approach to both project and non-project work being able to enthusiastically organise your own work in an unpredictable and demanding environment where priorities can rapidly change
- Extensive experience with preparing and facilitating workshops online and face to face
- Background or experience in broadcast and media is desirable, though other areas will also be considered
- Background or experience in multi-device application development (web, tv, consoles, mobile) is desirable, though other areas will also be considered
- Background or experience of working in an agency or consultancy is desirable, though other areas will also be considered
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian (Jira and Confluence); Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams)
Some of our Company perks:
- Global company with huge growth potential
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
- Support with your career development and access to training
- Regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Free refreshments in the office
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.