The candidate will span across research & development of cutting-edge algorithms/models to analyse diverse sources of data and bringing them to production. He/she will act as a bridge between the Proof of Concepts developed within Deltatre Innovation Lab and the Sport Experiences business unit that will productise and implement the output of the lLab’s activity in the Company’s offering. The candidate will be expected to propose analytics solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around.
As our Machine Leaning Engineer, the candidate will provide expertise on mathematical and data science concepts as well as proper software engineering practices, and promote the adoption of Machine Learning and Data Science across the organization.
He/she will be working across the Deltatre Innovation Lab and the Sport Experiences Unit.
Deltatre Innovation Lab is an entity within the Deltatre environment that focuses on the development of solutions based on cutting-edge technologies that will contribute to the enhancement of Deltatre’s value proposition.
Sport Experiences Business Unit is the Leader in digital experiences, data gathering, distribution and rendering in the sports ecosystem. Sport Experiences builds and delivers cutting-edge digital platforms and value-based data driven visualization, gathering and distribution solutions.
As part of the job, our Machine Learning Engineer will also:
- Contribute to the design of end-to-end architectures
- Propose, test and select the best Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms/models
- Propose different Data Scientists’ tools
- Train and optimize custom ML Models to be integrated in our services
- Select, build and optimize existing Machine Learning/Deep Learning models
- Actively share and distribute knowledge within the team/company
- Think both analytically and creatively about the most effective ways to use data
Deltatre consciously nurtures an environment where each and every team member feels safe to bring their whole selves to work, in which everyone is valued and respected for who they are and what they bring. Everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and every team member is expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect, value different perspectives, use inclusive language and work in alignment with Deltatre’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. At Deltatre, everyone is welcome and celebrated.
- Proficient Python programming knowledge
- Proficiency in at least one of OO languages such as C#, C++
- Experience with common Data Science toolkits (sklearn, panda, numpy…)
- Experience with ML/DL libraries and frameworks (es: scikit-learn, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras, …)
- Knowledge of designing and implementing end-to-end ML flows
- Knowledge of common MLOps practices, orchestrators and tools
- Experience running ML workloads/pipelines in a production environment (Kubeflow, MLflow, Kubernetes, …)
- Problem solving ability, particularly when dealing with large datasets
- Comfortable in working in international teams
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to work on multiple projects and sustaining context switches
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Curiosity and desire to learn
Nice to have:
- Agile (Scrum) best practices knowledge
- Cloud concepts understanding
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio or equivalent semi-automated ML services (Google Cloud AutoML, Amazon ML, IBM Watson ML Model Builder)
- Experience with platforms for custom modelling such as: Microsoft Azure ML Services, Google ML Engine, Amazon SageMaker, IBM Watson ML Studio
- Certifying MOOCS (Coursera, Stanford, etc…) can be a complement
- Experience with NVIDIA CUDA programming
- Experience with Dataset Management tools
- Experience with ML/DL optimization techniques and tools
- Public Speaking experience.
Some of our Company perks:
- Global company with huge growth potential
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
- Support with your career development and access to training
- Regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Free refreshments in the office
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.