A technical contributor who can apply the knowledge of tools, engineering principles, programming languages, and technical practices to how and what is built to produce well-crafted quality software. Sets an example for technical best practices.
Be continually aware of emerging technological trends
Be aware of the scalability and performance of Open GI systems
Pair to deliver new product features as quickly, reliably, and efficiently as possible
Understand the responsibilities of Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, QA’s, and your responsibility within the team
Your key responsibilities
- Getting code into production: ability to get code of all types – including new features, configuration changes, bug fixes and experiments – into production, or into the hands of users, safely, rapidly, and sustainably
- Participate in team estimation, understanding the purpose and value
- Test Driven Development: designs and develops tests to specify and validate what the code will do with the goal to make the code clearer, simple and bug-free
- Ability to write, maintain and design the business logic of a software application, the data or services requested are available, as well as create and maintain the core databases, data, and application program interfaces (APIs) to other backend processes
- Ability to follow established secure coding guidelines and understand the importance of always shifting left on security
- Clean Code: The understanding of the principles, patterns, and practices of writing clean code.
- Continuous Integration: Ability to write code in a way that supports Continuous Integration of code, that is, frequently committing changes to a single trunk or master
- Requirement Analysis and Articulation: ability to understand business requirements and what is required for the scope of work in hand
- Emotional Intelligence: recognizes, understands, and manages their own emotions and recognizes the emotions of others
- Collaboration: works jointly with others to co-create and achieve a common goal. This includes learning, practising, techniques, and frameworks that foster collaborative working environments
- Ability to “own” one or more features
What you’ll need to succeed
- Azure Cloud Certification advantageou
- Typically, 1-3 years of software development experience
- Experience working with Extreme Programming methods
- Experience supporting their code running in a production environment
- Experience with any of the following technologies: .NET Core, Angular, React or Node.JS
- Communicating and influencing
- Continuous improvement
- Working with others
- Customer focus
- Responding to change
- Problem solving
- Drives to outcomes: focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Able to execute plans through to action. Persistent to complete tasks and a strong commitment to take action that moves things along to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Ownership and accountability: takes personal accountability and ownership for their work. This includes personal follow through, making and defending difficult decisions and trade-offs, removing blockers, driving collective progress.
- Continuous improvement: advances by ongoing, incremental improvement through continuous learning, questioning the status quo and trying out creative and novel ideas. Shows curiosity and has a keen interest to drive learning for themselves and others.
- Improving CI/CD practices: suggests improvements to existing practices in the team so that there is an uplift in the quality of the product. Able to research new tools to enhance, measure and visualise quality, and implement them with the team’s support. Recognise the cause for falls in quality and takes actions to rectify them.
Mission and Values
Our mission is to be both the Technology Partner and Employer of choice for the UK General Insurance Market. Our values are central to this vision, as they represent how we collaborate how we work together in synergy and continually deliver for our customers:
- Accountability: We take personal pride in finding solutions and achieving results
- Innovation: We lead the market by being proactive, product-led and forward thinking
- Teamwork: We work collaboratively, recognising and celebrating success
- Trust: We build trust on integrity, transparency and respect
- We are looking for an individual who embraces our values in their actions, decisions, communications and processes to inspire positivity and, ultimately, exceptional performance.
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Positive, friendly and fun working environment
- Support for personal and professional development
- Daily lunches and additional benefits
- Private health insurance package
- Referral bonuses
- Social events
- Flexible working hours
Find us on: