What you develop matters. At least we think so.
Welcome to Loka, a Silicon Valley Tech consulting company.
We’re focused on AI and Machine Learning solutions – the kind that supports interesting and meaningful advances for humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in. We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 100s worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
If you’re into growing with purpose and working with talented people in a healthy culture, apply now – we might be looking for you to join our team in Macedonia, Portugal or Colombia!
● Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
● Design and implement functional requirements
● Support in the development of backend components to improve the overall performance
● Implement security and data protection solutions
● Integration of data storage solutions
● Implement test suites
● Write clean code that is easy to maintain, extend and debug
● Write technical documentation
● Provide updates, inform blockers and offer guidance to clients
● 5+ years of experience in Back-End Development
● Experience with Python and/or Go
● Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including software architecture, data structures & algorithms (Big O), and databases.
● Strong ability to transform ideas into running code.
● Web Development knowledge
● Understanding of concurrency
● Good communication skills. You should feel comfortable having in-depth technical discussions.
● (Bonus) Web development experience – Django/Flask.
● (Bonus) Experience with DevOps tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD
Loka is a rock-solid 16-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars. We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond. Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI
and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives.
● 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
● Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
● People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
● A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
● The opportunity to pursue what fascinates you for 90 days with something we affectionately call Loka Labs
● Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
● An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity and being proactive
● Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions